Classic Vesper Martini
Posted On March 16, 2021
If want an evening cocktail then this is the one.
Vesper: Meaning the Evening or the Evening Star in Greek and Latin translations.
What a better after dinner cocktail than the Vesper Martini under an Evening Star.
- Fill shaker with ice cubes
- 1 1/2 oz Gin
- 1/2 oz Vodka
- 1/4 oz Lillet Blanc
- Shake and strain into chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with a Lemon Peel
Or as James Bond said in the 1953 Casino Royal:
- “Three measures of Gordons
- One measure Vodka and
- Half measure Kina Lillet
- Shaken well until ice-cold then add a Large slice of lemon peel”. “Got it?”